There are a number of different decisions to make when ordering a woven clothing label.
Here are the most common folding options of woven labels for retail or personal use:
1) All edges fused – This option means that all 4 sides of the clothing tags are heat sealed and will not fray. These can be sewn on any or all sides.
2) Left and right edges folded – This clothing label will arrive with only the left and right edges folded down. This option works great for sweaters, ties, etc…It will give a nice finished look.
3) Centerfolded or “looped” – This option is the most common way to incorporate a logo and size on one side and your care/content/website on the other. It is made to sew across the top of the label and user can flip up to see back side.
4) One edge fold – Consider having only one side folded under if you are sewing into a seam or want a woven tab look.
5) Mitre fold – A mitre edge fold means the left and right edges are folded under and UP. Meant to sew into a top seam and gives a nice finished look.